The Dunes are a group of small villages in the foothills of the Dune Mountains in Ohio, about 25 miles southeast of Dayton, Ohio.
Their name, pronounced DILL-doh-va, refers to the sandy sand dunes on the banks of the Delaware River, which form a valley that divides the county.
The villages, about 5,000 people, are about 30 miles east of Cleveland.
The village people are named for the dunes, which rise to an elevation of 5,500 feet, and were the site of a settlement that was abandoned in the late 1800s.
They are now known as the Dukes of Dunes.
The area around the Duntas was settled by the Daughters of the Confederacy in the mid-19th century, and then later became part of the Ohio Territory in 1874.
The Daughters moved to the area in the 1920s, and many of the villages became part-time farming and ranching areas.
The last remaining Duntanes were built as a memorial for those who died during the Civil War.
They were built on the site where former U.S. President Jefferson Davis’ home was burned to the ground in 1865.
In 1936, the Dontas began their construction of a massive structure to honor those who served in the Civil Army during the war, and their community was renamed the Dines, named after a former Dixie Army officer.
Dunes residents also commemorate the first Daughters’ parade in the area, which occurred in 1930, when about 3,000 Duntans were marching along the banks.
About 30 years later, the village community changed its name to Dunes, and was renamed in honor of a late Daughters founder, Henry M. Davis, a former Ohio state senator.